Friday 30 March 2012

two of my favorite things in the whole wide world


One of the best pieces of advice I got when I shared the news of my pregnancy, actually had nothing to do with being pregnant. It had to do with my livelihood and that advice was to not stop printing. For a while at the beginning of the pregnancy, I feared that I wouldn't be able to print as much as I used to or be able to print whenever I wanted to. This was actually the case, but it didn't last for very long. I took it easy during the pregnancy and promised myself to get right back into studio when I was good and ready. I had some moments of withdrawal but I just didn't have the energy to get on the press and be on my feet, even for a couple of hours. These were some of the saddest days for me. though, I have to admit, there may have been one or two occasions when I couldn't stand it anymore and slapped some ink on the press anyway and printed at 8 months pregnant.

I'm happy to report that I'm now slowly getting back into the studio. Marcus certainly makes it a challenge to print while he's hanging out with me by the press. Diaper changes during the make-ready process is just going to have to be the way of things around here for a little while...but I wouldn't have it any other way.

//

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments (meaning comments without valid URL's) will not be published.